it's not for lack of creating things that i've not been posting, but more so too high stress levels from work. oh...to be able to work for myself, what a wonderful thing that would be! also, adopting two puppies has taken up some time. but it's okay, they're a couple of cuties!
i've been working on a lot of things. here, there, everywhere.
and i may or may not have been have been doing stuff like this.
shitty photo - oops!
(thank you - yarnbombing.com and knittaplease.com for the inspiration)
and i may or may not have some more fabulous plans for things like this.
tonight, i may have made the best cupcakes of my life! and, bonus - this recipe is more or less of my own creation. soooooo yummy!
Andes Mint Cupcakes:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup (generous portions) cake flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
as much finely chopped andes mints as you want
1/2 andes mint for topping of each cupcake
(this recipe makes 12 cupcakes)
Easy Peasey Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. With electric mixer, mix butter so it's no longer formed.
3. Add half of your sugar, half of your flour, and 2 eggs. Mix with electric mixer until well blended. Add the remaining ingredients and mix again with electric mixer.
4. Fold chopped andes mints in to batter with spatula.
5. Fill lined cupcake tins with 2/3 batter mixture. Bake about 25 minutes.
6. Remove cupcakes from oven and immediately top with andes mint halves. (this makes them melty and delicious!)
Now, I'm going to work on recovering some wooden pieces. I'll post more soon. Promise!