i had a birthday. i turned 29. that's only one year away from 30. i'm absolutely completely totally unsure how i feel about this.
but, these birthday cupcakes helped me make it through.
berry birthday cupcakes
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sucanat
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 cup yogurt
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries & strawberries, frozen for 4 hours (you can mix these together or keep them separate)
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
mashed blueberries (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
2. Sift flour into large bowl. Mix in sucanat, baking powder & soda, and salt.
3. Whisk melted butter and oil in medium bowl. Add eggs; whisk to blend. Whisk in yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon peel.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients; whisk just to blend. Stir in frozen berries. Divide batter among liners.
5. Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
6. Process all frosting ingredients in food processor/blender.
6. After cupcakes are cooled, squeeze a dollop of frosting on top of cupcake. Place fresh berries in frosting.