Sunday, December 5, 2010

nom nom nom!

On Friday, Mamus & I finally utilized our studio at the Murphy Arts Center for First Friday. Our "show" was called "nom nom nom!" and essentially consisted of food related items.

I don't think I've mentioned here before, but I was way into photography much of my younger life. I took 2 years of photography in high school, and then proceeded to start at Herron School of Art & Design immediately after graduating. That didn't last long as I didn't agree with the way Herron was run.  After quitting school, photography fell to the side. I've continued to enjoy it as a part-time hobby, but VERY part-time. I'm a bit old-school in thinking that photography consists of a camera & film - not a digital apparatus & computer. 

So when I heard about a show that Renaissance Fine Art & Design in Carmel was having, I couldn't help but giggle. "Harry Sandler's Allusions of Reality features images from his frequent travels to various parts of the world. All the images are captured and processed using the IPhone 4 and the various applications available for the same." excerpt carmelchamberofcommerce.com

Don't get me wrong, I love all the applications available for smart phone photography. I think it's great to take a quick snapshot you weren't expecting and being able to give it a vintage feel, brighten it's colors, or catch action. But downloading a few applications doesn't necessarily call for a gallery show.


Anyways, I couldn't help but poke fun at it. I shot all photos with my HTC Droid Incredible phone.






 

 I made delicious vegan chocolate cups to sell - which were fantastic & well received.


Mamus created these awesome food sculptures.



All in all, it was pretty fun. I drank some sweet wine, knit in public, talked to new people.


If you're interested in any of these pieces (sculptures or photos) let me know. All items are available! (Well, the baked potato sculpture may be called for)

No comments:

Post a Comment