Day 2 at home. A window shattered over night, leaving an opening for the cold wind to travel through the building. I slipped for the first time on the ice tonight while trying to get something out of the car. Lucky for me, I am still stuck here for one more day. I don't need to break any bones right now.
Today was my baking day. Here is a recipe for my Chocolate Coffee Cookie Pies.
2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (you can add more if you like)
2 - 3 tablespoons ground coffee
1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
1 cup sucanat
1/2 cup canola or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup + 1 - 2 tablespoons water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon well. Add in chocolate chips, coffee, and cacao nibs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix sucanat, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Mix in 1/4 cup water.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. If mixture seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water until dough is no longer dry and all ingredients are mixed well.
5. Place dough into un-greased, single-serving pie pans. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn pans 180 degrees, and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes. Pies will feel soft when done, making a little "whoosh" sound when you press on them. If you want to be sure, stick a toothpick or knife in the center and if it comes out clean, they're done.
6. Let pies cool for a couple of minutes - they'll harden up a bit. Top with ice cream, or my current favorite, Tempt Hemp Frozen Dessert.