Monday, November 8, 2010

extreme craft weekend

This weekend was Murphys Seasonal Bazaar & Bloomington Handmade Market. We also made a visit to Bloomingfoods (actually, 2!), Paper Crane, and Fountain Square Mall to visit Yarns Unlimited and Stefano's Ice Cafe.  I was busy, and pooped by the end of it - to say the least.

The weekend began at the Murphys Seasonal Bazaar, where a bunch of us were crammed in the west hall offering a seemingly non-stop mile of art & crafty stuff (okay, a mile is a bit of an exaggeration). I loved how close in proximity we were to friends (like Martha of Sunday Afternoon Housewife and Michelle of Busty's Fun Bags) so we could actually chat! It was busy at times, but as with most first fridays, we had more lookers than buyers.



The next day we were up before the sun to head down for Bloomington Handmade Market. I wasn't vending, but Mamus was. I was running around town while he was slinging teeth & ornaments.  I spent a few hours "working" at Bloomingfoods, and then picked us up some delicious lunch. I got to visit a favorite local yarn shop (even though I read many good reviews, it doesn't hold a candle to Mass Ave Knits) & we got coffee from our favorite Bloomington coffee shop, Stefano's Ice Cafe.



After wrapping up a pretty successful day, we headed over to Paper Crane for the after party (and to finally check out the space!). The space is beautiful - simple without being overwhelming. I'm excited to see where they go with things as they grow! We spent a while chatting with other tired folks like Mike Altman and Luke of Opera House Press before taking off for the hour long drive home.



And now I am 2 days into an extremely long work week - 6 days, 4 demos, and Georgetown Market's two-day anniversary sale.  Not to mention the load of special orders I have to complete, and the men's scarves I'm making for Fabricate in Cincinnati.  Whoa, I just got tired thinking about it!

Luckily there is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow (week), and his name is Ben Kweller.

Have you ever seen a better tour poster?  Once again, for the third time in under 2 weeks, I will return to Bloomington.  If you know me, you know I don't like Bloomington.  But, I think it's rubbing off on me. Any tips on where I should visit this weekend while I'm there? 

2 comments:

  1. Bloomington is a great place! I graduated from IU. Some of my favorite food places are: Cafe Pizzaria, The Chocolate Moose, and the Village Deli. For art and jewelry supplies, I like to check out Pygmalion's and Emporium. If you like music, TD's is a great (literally) underground record shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to check out any of these places :( It was so cold & wet & rainy. Next time!

    ReplyDelete