Monday, October 25, 2010

the crazy, yet oddly balanced day

Luckily, a ton of different good things have not happened today.  If they had, I would have probably ended up having a more negative day.

The pomegranate tattoo appointment fell through!  Once I arrived at work, I received a text that the only appointment that was available was now between 1pm & 3pm.  Bummer!  Jessica still went, and got a little Indiana tattoo.  I, on the other hand, now have that much more time to ponder upon exactly which design I want to go with!

These are the two finalists:
  

I'm leaning towards the first one for a few reasons.  The pomegranate is beautiful, yet incredibly simple.  I love the detail on the wing, as well as the little lace sort of pattern on the birds neck.  The bird is also incredibly close to one of the designs that I use in my hex signs, which makes it even more special.  While the second is a really beautiful illustration, I'm just not all that sure how well it would work as a tattoo.

I have a short shift at work tomorrow, and I think I'm going to utilize my afternoon to go speak with the good folks at Metamorphisis.  I've been told I should speak with Matt or Megan, so here's hoping that one of them is there! 

To balance out the sadness that was no tattoo, shortly after I received an e-mail from raw foods chef Audrey Barron letting me know that she can use my help this Friday for her class "Unbake: Breads, Crackers, & Cookies in the Raw!" being held at Perk Up Cafe in Broad Ripple.  This should be an awesome time, and right up my alley.  I am totally ready to start learning alternative cooking methods from professionals.  There are a few spots still available if you're interested in coming to the event! 


The other bad part of my day, I found my shower leaking.  All over the floor, lots and lots of dirty water.  The plumbing in my building is old & confusing.  So, a lot of clogs happen.  My boyfriend & the landlord had to tear out part of the wall.  Eeek :/
It's alright, though, cause I won a $100 Amazon gift card for the awesome folks over at Real Zest!  If you haven't checked out the website, I highly suggest doing so.  It's run by a group of interesting and unique women with something to say, and say it!  My favorite article so far is In defense of the Choice to be Childless - I couldn't have said things better myself. 

I think the good far outweighed the bad today.  I'll leave you with this, just in case your day wasn't so balanced, this should at least put a smile on your face!

2 comments:

  1. I love the first image. So lovely. Hope you have some better days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my appointment today, & that's the one I went with! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete